Vietnam National University, Hanoi
Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU) is the first modern university ever established and one of the two national universities in Vietnam.
VNU is the largest comprehensive higher education and research centre in Vietnam. VNU has been entrusted with the task of producing highly qualified human resources and talent for the industrialization and modernization of the country. VNU holds a special position in the Vietnam’s higher education system, operating according to a special regulation promulgated by the Prime Minister. VNU reports directly to the Prime Minister and has high autonomy in organization – personnel, training programs, scientific research and technological development, planning and finance, international relations and other fields.
VNU is entitled to work directly with ministries, ministerial level organizations, governmental bodies, people’s committees of central cities and provinces concerning affairs related to VNU.
VNU’s colleges and institutes maintain their juridical person status as a higher education and scientific research institution as regulated by the Law on Education and the Law on Science-Technology.
University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Hanoi
For over 60 years since its establishment, the University of Social Sciences and Humanities – Hanoi has been the leading research and training center in Vietnam in the areas of social sciences and humanities, which is mandated to educate and train qualified personnel in service of national defense and development. The University has now been concentrating on building and developing some majors and specialties at international standards on the basis of internationalizing curricula, promoting academic activities and expanding international cooperation with regional and international advanced partners.
- Universities in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Da Nang
- National Institutes for policies and strategies studies and analysis
- Other Institutes in the field of policy and social sciences
- Rosa-Luxemburg Foundation
- Humboldt University
- Potsdam University
- Potsdam Institute of High Education Research
- Copenhagen Business School
- The University of Hertfordshire
- Beijing Qinghua University
- Korea-Australasia Research Centre (KAREC)
- University of New South Wales
- Japanese National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)